The Health Sector Assurance Forum is designed for internal audit, risk, compliance, quality and governance professionals working across the health sector. The forum will provide a series of high-level sessions to deliver broad insights and directions that are impacting the sector, along with a number of technical sessions on risk, audit and compliance that will delve into the practicalities of providing assurance.
The 2023 event will be a fully virtual event over two half day sessions. The online platform provides live interaction between delegates and speakers on the day with the opportunity to re-watch sessions after the event, so you won’t miss a thing.
Assessing Medicare claims – Finding control gaps and establishing control frameworks:
› Overview of Medicare claims trends
› Identifying gaps in the claims process
› Developing a framework over the Medicare
claims environment to manage claims fraud risk
› Practicalities in assessing the Medicare claim
› Reporting on and remediating Medicare claim
discrepancies and how internal audit can support
Dr Margaret Faux, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Synapse Medical & PhD Author, Claiming
and Compliance under the Medicare Benefits Schedule: A Critical Examination of Medical Practitioner Experiences, Perceptions, Attitudes and Knowledge.
Key topics to be covered in this year’s forum include:
- The future of health
- Assessing Medicare claims – Finding control gaps and establishing control frameworks
- Aged care reform – Meeting the challenge of putting quality and sustainability into practice
- TGA – Understanding the licensing rules
- Getting governance right in the new NDIS model
- Performing a psychosocial internal audit
- Building your First Nations health equity strategy
- Environmental sustainability and Carbon Zero – Reducing the sectors footprint
- Clinical Assurance – Defining who does what on clinical governance
- Auditing at home health care services
- Managing risk in the procurement of medical supplies