India is one of the world’s fastest growing economies, with a population of more than 1.3 billion and an expanding middle class. A ‘top 5’ economy undergoing ambitious reforms, it is an attractive market for Australian exporters.
Despite the economic impact of COVID-19 in 2020, there is strong and growing demand for Australian goods and services. A fast-growing middle class, rapid urbanisation and a stable, reformist government underpins this demand.
Join the Export Council of Australia, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and economic and private sector experts to hear why you should be considering India, and get insights on getting into market.
In this free webinar, we will discuss the India-Australia commercial proposition, market entry and the support available to NSW businesses looking to expand into India.
We will also speak to three experienced exporters, who will walk you through ‘how they did it’, as they share their successes and pitfalls exporting to India.
- Dianne Tipping, Chair, Export Council of Australia
- Barry O’Farrell, Australian High Commissioner to India, former Premier of NSW
- Peter Varghese, Chancellor of the University of Queensland, former Secretary of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, author of the India Economic Strategy
- Anil Wadhwa, former Secretary (East) Ministry of External Affairs, lead author of the Confederation of Indian Industry’s Australia Economic Strategy
- Jai Patel, Head of India Business Practice, KPMG
- Leon Skaliotis, General Manager, Flavourtech
- Tim Regan, Chief Operating Officer, The George Institute for Global Health
- Margaret Faux, Solicitor, Founder & CEO, Synapse Medical
- Kylie Bell, Executive Director – Trade, Investment NSW